Tuesday 18 October 2011

Walk around Roydon,Essex 18th October 2011

On 18th October 2011 I set off in the car with no specific destination in mind for a walk, after driving through Epping I saw signs for Roydon. Remembering I wanted to take a look one day My dog Ben and I made our there.
Upon arriving I parked up in Roydon Marina Village and walked along the Stort Navigation.







We walked as far as we could until we came to a dead end, so we walked back to the car and I drove back into the village a little and parked up and walked back towards the River Stort Navigation.

Some Stocks on a green
Roydon Signpost... The village is recorded in the Domesday Book as Ruindune and appears later as Reidona in c. 1130, as Reindon in 1204, and as Roindon in 1208.

The Church House Circa 1475 next to St Peters Church.



Then we walked past St Peters Church.........

The church, St Peters, dates from the Middle Ages.

A little further along Something caught my eye...I thought is that a Turkey?? Yes it was then I noticed the sign....

Its a Turkey Farm Lol

They all came running over all looking excited....they obviously don't know its only 68 days to Christmas!!
We reached the Stort Navigation again....







Hunsdon Meadow

View into the river, from the weir on the Navigation


We was now heading back along the navigation back to where we started. Below is a narrowboat going through a lock.
Narrowboat coming through a lock



Then we were back where we started back at the road, where we walked back to the car.

The White Hart PH on The High Street


The New Inn Roydon High Street
We then drove home after a very nice walk....

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Adventures continue on................

THE ADVENTURES CONTINUE    HERE http://adventuresivebeenon2.blogspot.co.uk/